Keeping you up to date on the progress of the Named Person scheme and the NO2NP campaign.
It’s so important that as many people as possible get to hear about the dangers of the Named Person scheme and the damaging effect it will have on families in Scotland.
There are so many ways in which you can take action but here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Talk to parents you know about the scheme and encourage them to sign the petition.
- Join the conversation on social media or parent forums to raise awareness about what the scheme involves and why you oppose it. Don’t forget to use #NO2NP.
- Write to your local newspaper setting out the key talking points – our ‘11 Reasons’ leaflet will help you.
- Door-to-door leafleting is a fantastic way to spread the word in your area. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the streets you plan to cover, the number of leaflets you need and the address we should send them to.
- Look out for a NO2NP Action Day near you and volunteer to be part of a street team raising awareness of the Named Person scheme.
Together we can have an even bigger impact and show the politicians how the ordinary people of Scotland really feel about the Named Person scheme.
"I oppose the Scottish Government's plan to assign a 'Named Person' to every child in Scotland because it undermines families and diverts resources from children who need them."